Saturday, October 29, 2011

Taco Soup

One of my favorite things about fall is a nice bowl of hot soup! Yum! There's something so comforting about soup, isn't there? A favorite around here is Taco Soup! I made it a couple of nights ago, so I thought I'd share how I make it. What's great about this soup is that the leftovers are just as good, if not better, because the flavor is more intense!



1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 1.25-oz. packet taco seasoning (about 1/4 c.)
3 c. water, divided
2 28-oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
2 15-oz. cans kidney beans, drained, if you'd like.
I throw in some frozen corn, as well.

Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic in a soup pot. When brown, add the taco seasoning and 1 c. water. Add the remaining ingredients, then, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for at least 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.We like to do cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, but this time I only had the chips on hand. Still great!

Slow Cooker Instructions: After browning the meat, place all the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.

Freezes very well, too! This makes a lot for my family, so we usually have to freeze some and have it for lunch a few times, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...