Saturday, July 7, 2012

Zucchini "Lasagna"


One of our favorite recipes is a Zucchini Lasagna I whipped up while trying to "Clean Eat!" I've shared it with a few friends who have made it for their family's and they all loved it! So, I figured you all might, too. I basically just took my regular pasta lasagna and used zucchini instead.

Ingredients:

Zucchini sliced thinly (will be used instead of pasta)
Onion
Garlic
Hamburger or ground turkey
Cheese
Tomato sauce- your favorite, or make your own. (I make my own)

Directions:

Prepare your sauce, if you make your own. Brown your meat (I add my onions and garlic, here) and then layer your pan, like you would a normal lasagna. I only put cheese on top, though. I put a small amount of tomato sauce on the bottom and top it with a layer of zucchini. Then add some meat mixture, followed by sauce. Repeat until you're at the top of your pan. I get about 3 completed layers. Add cheese.

Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted and zucchini is tender.

Please note: Zucchini lets out a lot of water, so your dish may become watery, just drain it out the side of your pan and into your sink. Easy fix!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...