Sunday, January 6, 2013

(Clean) Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins

Today, I decided to try my hand at creating a clean blueberry cheesecake muffin recipe. It turned out pretty good and the whole family loves it! They're packed full of blueberries and very moist!




Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins

Makes about 36 muffins


4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1TBS Baking Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Salt
1Tablesppon Vanilla
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
8 oz softened Cream Cheese
1/2 c Greek Yogurt 
(or blended cottage cheese, this is what I used because it's what I had on hand)
4 Eggs
1/2 cup of Melted Butter 
(I think next time I will try coconut oil here)
1 cup Milk
(I used 3/4 cup of Almond milk because I had it on hand and the rest was coconut milk)
2 Cup Blueberries
Directions:
In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
 In a large bowl, blend all the wet ingredients together with a hand mixer. (Save blueberries until the end.) Once everything is well combined, mix the cream cheese mixture in with the flour mixture. Mix well. Gentle fold in fresh or frozen blueberries. Fill your muffin papers 3/4ths of the way full. I baked for about 20-25 minutes, I would say. I didn't time it. I just kept an eye on it. 


I told you they were PACKED full of blueberries!!!! YUM!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...