Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bookshelf Redo


We found this bookshelf thing a few months back on a yard sale page and I finally got around to fixing it up last month. I really love the final look of it, so I thought I'd share it. It's currently being used as a night stand for my side of the bed. I am keeping an eye out for something similar for my husband's side.. he thinks they should be matchy... or close enough. ;) 



I decided on a white paint and used the same homemade chalk paint recipe I used for my hutch
 
After cleaning it up, I started painting. It needed about three coats of paint. White doesn't cover as well as the blue for the hutch, had. After it had all dried. I sanded on some of the edges for an aged look. Wiped it up again and then added a clear wax coat to it. 






I think the white really pops against the blue walls in my room.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...