Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Clean)

My six year old has been having a whiny bit of a hard time with our transition to 100% (or close to it) clean eating. While I do make lots of delicious muffins and smoothies that are sweet.. and even the occasional kettle corn. When we go to the store, he's constantly whining about not getting his old treats. 

I made it my mission to prove to him that you can eat healthy and have your old "treats" and they can taste just as good or better! Today I gave him a few options and he choose chocolate chip cookies! There is nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie! I think I will try this recipe again, with oat flour and raisins instead of flour and chips!




Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp of salt
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (a little more if you like it sweeter)
1/8 cup coconut oil 
4 TBS water (more if needed)

Chocolate chips or mix in of choice. I added coconut to half. 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325. Mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl. Add wet ingredients, mix well. Add mix ins. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.  

Will make about 20 cookies, depending on the size you make them. 

Enjoy! My kids sure did! 
And my husband said they taste better than the normal kind, I'll take that as a win! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...