Saturday, March 2, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Clean)

My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin. I just love the spices! So, I set out to create my own CLEAN recipe that wasn't like those "breakfast" oatmeal cookies going around with banana as the sweetener. I wanted more of a REAL cookie. I have succeeded!



Ingredients:

1-2/3 cups oats
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon (I actually didn't measure this)
1 tsp vanilla (I didn't measure this)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (you could use less)
(Add water a teaspoon at a time if needed, I didn't need it)
1/3 cup raisins


Directions: Preheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients together. Then add raisins. Form dough into balls and place on parchment paper on cookie sheet. Push balls down a little.

Bake for 10-15 minutes. They won't rise.

Dough may be a little crumbly, I just squished it together into balls, although adding a bit of water may have helped this. You could also use this as a granola.

Mine made about 17 cookies and were about 66 calories each. Next time I think I will do a little less maple syrup, since we're used to less sweet things and I know I could get away with it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...