Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our Homeschool Classroom 2013!

After homeschooling for a year, I was able to get a feel for what worked and what didn't work in our school space. And since then, we've added a bit more stuff to our class! I'd love to share it with you all!  Here is our school room from last year: here and here.

These pictures were taken with my cell phone, so please excuse the quality. 

  Over here, we have our work desk, we all three sit here, it's plenty big enough for us. We keep our paint brushes, and other pencils, pens and such that we use often in the buckets above the table (found at Ikea) Behind the table is our storage space, pictures below.  Not a lot has changed in this first picture, just a few more things on the walls.


In this second picture we now have work boxes (from Ikea) in front of the fireplaces, which was just a waste of space, before. We like this system better than the box we used to have sitting on top of our desk. It creates more space on our desk and my son knows what he needs to do for the day, without asking.
Above the fireplace we have moved our masterpiece wire to stretch across the room. We will hang our weekly artwork up here. I really love this, so when daddy comes home from work he can see what everyone has done that day. We've also replaced the old printer stand and moved that to the kitchen and moved this shelf out of my daughters room to the classroom. It works well in here. The bins hold blocks and big Legos and some other things.  The basket next to the red hutch holds our library books; found this at Hobby Lobby.


Jars are full of little things like beads, googly eyes, tacks, etc. the baskets have scissors, pencils, and big tweezers. On the shelf we currently have our fossils, shells, and shark teeth we found at Calvert Cliffs State Park, in Maryland. 


Inside our storage space, I am using a shoe holder to store our small tools. I clipped pieces of paper on to each pocket as a label. The bottom rows have things for the kids like pencils, pens, markers, etc. The top are things I don't want them messing with. Next to that is a tack with their aprons for messy projects.


On the other side of the storage nook is an Ikea bookshelf that I have categorized our school books in. I absolutely LOVE this! It makes my life so much easier! I can find any book I need in two seconds. On the lower shelves I have Manipulatives. Each basket on the bottom is for either Science, Math, or Arts/crafts. The one closest to the wall is for small recyclables like toilet paper rolls and jars. On the floor there are bigger items, paper bags, boxes and anything else that wouldn't fit.


These are my daughters work boxes that I just finished up! I am pretty proud of them and plan to share them in some up coming blog posts, so stay tuned for those!


Well, that's our 2013-2014 classroom so far! We started our school year on August 1st. Have you gone back to school, yet?  

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an absolutely amazing mother and teacher.

Michelle said...

Wonderful!! I am a Navy wife so I know the challenges of moving often and trying to keep everything organized. You have done a beautiful job.

Michelle

ps-I am looking for some Usborne books. Do I just click on your button to go to your webpage?

Stephanie said...

Thank you, Michelle!

Yes, if you click on the button, it should take you to my personal webpage! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks for stopping by!

Stefanie said...

Those Ikea buckets on are the list for my next Ikea trip. Beautiful school room!! Thanks for sharing!!

Popping in from the blog hop.

Jenny said...

You have a great learning space! I love the red cabinet in the corner.

Unknown said...

I love this space!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...